The Palestinian Authority took action against Palestinians who took part in a US-led peace workshop in Bahrain in 2019, the US said in a recent report. The workshop, titled Peace to Prosperity, was part of former President Donald Trump’s program on resolving the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. The Palestinian Authority boycotted the event, but several individual Palestinians took part in it – and, according to the US, drew Ramallah’s ire. The 2020 Country Report on Human Rights, released by the State Department on Tuesday, includes references to reports that “Palestinian security forces arrested, intimidated, and tortured Palestinians following their participation in an international conference in Bahrain.” READ MORE
Most Clicked This Week
- Photos of 64 Fallen Israeli soldiers appear in Germany’s largest daily paper [CLICK TO VIEW]
- Noa Tishby makes the case for a ‘misunderstood’ Israel
- Hamas and Islamic Jihad "see Soleimani as a hero because of his role in providing the Gaza-based terror groups with cash and weapons in order to continue their jihad against Israel and Jews"
- Israel's Jewish percentage dropping; "In 1948, the Jewish percentage of the population stood at 82.1%, while today it stands at only 73.9%"
- "My school is asking me to embrace “antiracism” training and pedagogy that I believe is deeply harmful to them and to any person who seeks to nurture the virtues of curiosity, empathy and understanding"