“The irony of a liberal African-American political commentator calling for the disenfranchisement of a minority population group appears to be lost on MSNBC’s Joy-Ann Reid”

ACCUARACY IN MEDIA
MSNBC Host: Rural Americans a Core Threat to Democracy
by Brian McNicoll
November 29, 2017

MSNBC personality Joy Reid called rural Americans a “core threat to our democracy” last weekend. Responding to a piece in the Wall Street Journal headlined, “The Varied – and Global – Threats Confronting Democracy,” Reid called for sacking the Electoral College because it gives rural voters an unfair advantage over urban voters in national elections. It cites a prediction that by 2040, 70 percent of Americans will live in the 15 largest states by population. That means 70 percent of the people in America will be represented by 30 members of the U.S. Senate and the other 30 percent will be represented by 70 senators. READ MORE

This entry was posted in Politics and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.