Israel’s Shin Bet security services revealed on Tuesday that they succeeded in thwarting an assassination attempt on Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Jerusalem Mayor Nir Barkat in April. Eastern Jerusalem Israeli Arab Muhammad Jamal Rashdeh from the Shuafat neighborhood was arrested on April 24, and two more suspects were arrested in the following weeks, though the Shin Bet would not identify them. The Shin Bet accused Rashdeh of plotting with terror operatives from the Syrian-based, Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine (PFLP-GC) to murder Netanyahu and Barkat, and to target the U.S. consulate in Jerusalem…READ MORE
Most Clicked This Week
- NY Times writer Michelle Alexander over her head on Israeli-Palestinian conflict but that doesn't stop her
- "How much antisemitism must pile up in the Democratic Party before something can be done about it? And will the mainstream media hold them accountable?"
- Palestinians to US: We'll stop taking your money to avoid liability for our acts of terror
- "Emerging evidence suggests BDS movement has extensive ties to Palestinian terrorist organizations, using the “social justice” movement as a veritable human shield for anti-Israel ideology and activism"
- Richard Branson's "Elders," a who's who of anti-Israel figures
- Anti-Israel Durham NC Jewish day school hires BDS activist teacher. Rachmuth family pulls their kids. Now school has sued them for following year's tuition
- “The world, that understandable and lawful world, was slipping away.” — William Golding, Lord of the Flies
- A special appeal to help David Coleman and his family, close friends in need