Israel’s Shin Bet security services revealed on Tuesday that they succeeded in thwarting an assassination attempt on Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Jerusalem Mayor Nir Barkat in April. Eastern Jerusalem Israeli Arab Muhammad Jamal Rashdeh from the Shuafat neighborhood was arrested on April 24, and two more suspects were arrested in the following weeks, though the Shin Bet would not identify them. The Shin Bet accused Rashdeh of plotting with terror operatives from the Syrian-based, Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine (PFLP-GC) to murder Netanyahu and Barkat, and to target the U.S. consulate in Jerusalem…READ MORE
Most Clicked This Week
- "Lambasting progressive Jewry as inauthentic at best, Jonathan Neumann writes that ‘American Judaism is broken because the Jewish Left broke it’"
- ADL attack on Kavanaugh nomination "latest instance of how Jonathan Greenblatt has turned the venerable anti-Semitism watchdog into a partisan outfit"
- "Long-festering strains between the world’s two largest communities jeopardize the prospects of a shared Jewish future. Here’s a way forward"
- "Journalist Zvi Yehezkeli feared for his life, tells The Jerusalem Post his biggest revelations on the Muslim Brotherhood were in the US"
- Gal Gadot’s Wonder Woman: A Hamas-Bashing, Ex-IDF Soldier and Former Miss Israel
- "Connections between an American charity and Hamas, PFLP, and Palestinian Islamic Jihad"
- “The uproar over the television program about gays in the Gaza Strip is yet another example of how Palestinian society is still far from recognizing and respecting the rights of the gay community”
- Katie Hopkins in Israel with Yishai Fleisher: Why Jewish youth flock to Hebron from around the world