Israel’s Shin Bet security services revealed on Tuesday that they succeeded in thwarting an assassination attempt on Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Jerusalem Mayor Nir Barkat in April. Eastern Jerusalem Israeli Arab Muhammad Jamal Rashdeh from the Shuafat neighborhood was arrested on April 24, and two more suspects were arrested in the following weeks, though the Shin Bet would not identify them. The Shin Bet accused Rashdeh of plotting with terror operatives from the Syrian-based, Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine (PFLP-GC) to murder Netanyahu and Barkat, and to target the U.S. consulate in Jerusalem…READ MORE
Most Clicked This Week
- Comedian Owen Benjamin: "So when I criticize the Jew, you realize I’m criticizing the most racist people on the planet"
- Ukraine has less antisemitism than most of Europe...“The times of pogroms are over”
- YouTubes on Israel
- A Christian-Zionist Revolution is Brewing in Britain
- Meet Bernie Sanders, now endorsed by Weather Underground bomber Bill Ayers [VIDEO]
- “The world, that understandable and lawful world, was slipping away.” — William Golding, Lord of the Flies
- #BDSFail Israel gives Omar Shakir until May 1 to leave, noting "the appellant continues to call publicly for a boycott of Israel, or parts of it, while at the same time asking [Israel] to open its doors to him"