Israel has tried to get along with Palestine and other neighboring countries, but a core disagreement between the two groups has increased tensions and made peace seem impossible. For many in the Middle East, what they want most of all is to kill Jews — which they see as a reasonable request. But a majority of Israel is made up of Jews who, first and foremost, do not want to be killed. And neither side is willing to compromise on these desires. “We’re a simple people with a simple desire,” explained Bob Hamas, Palestinian founder of Hamas. “We just want to kill the Jews. We’re not dead set on how. Stabbings. Gunshots. Explosions. Pushing them into the sea. Any of those are fine with us, but Israel won’t allow any of those. Not even strangling. It’s keeping us from living our truth.” READ MORE
Most Clicked This Week
- Inconvenient Truths about Race and Slavery; Not to deny African-American history, but to contextualize
- "Israeli Prime Minister Naftali Bennett thanks President Joe Biden for his recent support for Israel during the Gaza war"
- Hamas: Ilhan Omar has offended us
- "The easiest way to figure out which side is telling the truth would be to read the coalition agreements signed by the parties set to join the Lapid-Bennett government"
- Projection 101: America and Israel are being accused of imperialism and colonialism by medieval Islamic imperialists and colonialists
- BLM cofounder who called for Israel's destruction to be UCLA keynote speaker
- "The incidents in Iran lead to questions about whether Israel has overseen a wide-ranging campaign of attacks and sabotage against Iran"
- Scientific American article writers "are mostly young, Palestinian BDS activists who are clearly far more passionately involved in anti-Israel incitement than in promoting good healthcare and medicine"