“By monitoring checkpoints and advocating for Palestinians in the Israeli court system, Blue and White Human Rights is trying to improve Arab-Israeli relations and prove that Zionist principles can inspire more humane treatment”

TABLET MAG
Can Zionists Advocate for Palestinian Rights?
by Shoshanna Keats Jaskoll
January 24, 2019

…“About 3,000 people use this crossing every morning between 5 and 7 a.m.,” Touboul, born in 1991 in France, tells me. “Men coming for work make up about 95 percent, the other 5 percent are women and others who come for education or medical reasons. Generally, the men crossing have work visas, and once through the security check (metal detectors) they are free to go beyond the crossing. When there are no issues, crossing can take 15 minutes but if there are, it can take an hour. We [Blue and White Human Rights], are here to try and make the process as smooth as possible.” READ MORE

This entry was posted in Israel & Middle East, Politics and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.