One of the world’s oldest Jewish newspapers announced that it was going into liquidation on Wednesday, with staff members learning on the eve of the Passover holiday that they were to lose their jobs. The Jewish Chronicle, which began publishing in the UK in 1841, announced on its website that its Board had taken the decision to seek a creditors voluntary liquidation of Jewish Chronicle Newspapers Ltd, the paper’s parent company…News outlets that are heavily dependent on their print editions have been badly hit by the coronavirus crisis, as revenue from advertisers has been slashed. READ MORE
Most Clicked This Week
- Netanyahu hails UAE visa exemption agreement as boost for reciprocal tourism
- "On how Princeton’s crusade against systemic racism has backfired"
- “Opposition to Palestinian intransigence and radicalism will remain a centrist issue in Congress, even if the incoming administration is eager to re-establish ties with the Palestinians”
- “The Zionist enemy launched an air raid from the direction of the occupied Golan Heights towards southern Damascus”
- #JewishVoiceForPeace panel "an attempt to redefine antisemitism so as to exonerate antisemites in the progressive movement"
- "Israeli media didn’t disclose what was discussed at reported Israel-Saudi Arabia meeting, but cross-currents involving Iran and the transition from a Trump administration to a Biden White House could be at play"
- Inconvenient Truths about Race and Slavery; Not to deny African-American history, but to contextualize
- Former PM Olmert warns welcoming spy will anger Biden