Iran sanctioned on Sunday the former director for countering Iran’s weapons of mass destruction at the White House National Security Council, Richard Goldberg, for what the country’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs has called “economic terrorism.” Goldberg, currently a senior advisor at the Foundation for Defense of Democracies, which was sanctioned by Iran last year, called the Iranian move a “badge of honor.” An Iran hawk, Goldberg played a key role in the Trump administration’s “maximum pressure” campaign against Tehran that has included sanctions and military force, and earlier this year, the elimination of Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps’ Maj. Gen. Qassem Soleimani. READ MORE
Most Clicked This Week
- In case you missed this week's US Holocaust Memorial Museum annual Chicago event, view it here
- Council on Foreign Relations to host Iranian Foreign Minister "days after Iran tortured and executed popular Iranian wrestler Navid Afkari over his participation in a peaceful protest"
- "History is in the making in Washington today, and not only for the Middle East. What we are witnessing is the construction of a bridge between the three monotheistic religions"
- #SCOTUS #RBG's death "will create a storm that none of us can predict. It seems fitting for the fiery jurist"
- 20 years on, the memory of the #SecondIntifada still lingers
- #Trump "managed to jump historic, emotional and ideological hurdles that many, including this writer, believed could not be crossed in the foreseeable future"
- How Trump used Putin to achieve his campaign promise of “no more endless wars”
- "Until recently, it was unimaginable to see Arabs openly admitting that they had been mistaken in their belief that Israel was the enemy of the Muslims and Arabs"