Iran sanctioned on Sunday the former director for countering Iran’s weapons of mass destruction at the White House National Security Council, Richard Goldberg, for what the country’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs has called “economic terrorism.” Goldberg, currently a senior advisor at the Foundation for Defense of Democracies, which was sanctioned by Iran last year, called the Iranian move a “badge of honor.” An Iran hawk, Goldberg played a key role in the Trump administration’s “maximum pressure” campaign against Tehran that has included sanctions and military force, and earlier this year, the elimination of Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps’ Maj. Gen. Qassem Soleimani. READ MORE
Most Clicked This Week
- Shmuley Boteach: "Jews are regularly portrayed as being sexually repressed"
- "The F-15 crew continued their Gaza mission and upon their return to base they noticed shrapnel that hit the fuselage"
- "The IOC has never before heeded the call to remember slain athletes, at times suggesting that honoring the Israeli athletes could be divisive"
- Ben & Jerry’s new flavor of the month: Boycott the Jews
- "As world talks of possible boosters, and with poorer countries struggling to get shots in arms, developer claims pill could be ‘game-changer’ by simplifying logistics"
- Desperate to advance its "realignment" policy, the Biden administration is doing everything it can to satisfy the Iranians
- Inconvenient Truths about Race and Slavery; Not to deny African-American history, but to contextualize
- "Court documents show that Iran has long been trying to kidnap an Iranian journalist living in Brooklyn"