Most Clicked This Week
- Black former DC #WomensMarch leader: “Linda Sarsour is an antisemite and even when she is apologizing to the Jewish community on the one hand, she is condemning it on the other"
- "Illinoisans pay the highest property taxes in the nation. At 2.7 percent of home value annually, Illinoisans pay far more than residents in neighboring states"
- ‘Are you a Jew?’ Arab Attacks on Jews nothing new.
- If you're considering year-end giving to organizations like #NewIsraelFund...
- “The world, that understandable and lawful world, was slipping away.” — William Golding, Lord of the Flies
- NY Times writer Michelle Alexander over her head on Israeli-Palestinian conflict but that doesn't stop her
- Palestinians to US: We'll stop taking your money to avoid liability for our acts of terror
- Crains Chicago: "Obama Presidential Center isn't quite the done deal that many Chicagoans think"
Category Archives: Politics
“In the Israeli view, no peacemaker can bring the two sides together because there aren’t just two sides. There are many, many sides”
NEW YORK TIMES There Is No ‘Israeli-Palestinian Conflict’: To understand why, you have to zoom out by Matti Friedman January 19, 2019 …If you see only an “Israeli-Palestinian” conflict, then nothing that Israelis do makes sense…In this tightly cropped frame, … Continue reading
MISSION LOCAL How many hoops must Manny Yekutiel jump through before he’s deemed worthy to set foot in the Mission? by Joe Eskenazi January 7, 2019 When you wander into Manny’s at 16th and Valencia, everything is chill. It’s a … Continue reading
Arab Likud candidate praises Netanyahu as strong leader and “brushes aside criticism of the party’s spearheading of the recently-passed Nation State law”
i24 NEWS Muslim woman running for Netanyahu’s right-wing Likud party shunned by family January 10, 2019 A Muslim Arab woman running as a candidate for Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s right-wing Likud party defended her decision in an interview with i24NEWS … Continue reading
“Israel’s ostensible peace partner, the Palestinian Authority, educates its people to an almost pathological hatred of Israel”
COMMENTARY Peace: The Missing Israeli Election Issue by Evelyn Gordon January 10, 2019 Israel’s election campaign has only just begun, but one key issue is already notable by its absence: peace with the Palestinians. To many Americans—especially American Jews, who … Continue reading
CAMERA BLOG Reuters Misrepresents New Congress’ Anti-BDS Bill by Tamar Sternthal January 10, 2019 Reuters’ article yesterday on the “Strengthening America’s Security in the Middle East Act,” a bill which stalled Tuesday in the Senate, opens with a misleading and ominous … Continue reading
Lessons from Argentina: “Buenos Aires is a European city encircled by a country that remains very Third World”
WASHINGTON TIMES A plaintive cry for Argentina by Clifford D. May January 8, 2019 Why isn’t Argentina as wealthy as Canada? For that matter, why are all the countries of Latin America, without exception, so much less prosperous than their neighbors to the … Continue reading
“Rubio is alleging that some Senate Democrats oppose the anti-BDS legislation on substance because of the supposedly growing popularity of the boycott movement within the Democratic Party”
TABLET MAG Anti-BDS Bill Battles Up Senate Hill by Armin Rosen January 7, 2019 …While there is disagreement on the Hill over the extent of internal Democratic opposition to the anti-BDS bill, sources from both parties confirmed to Tablet that … Continue reading